Monday, December 3, 2012

Chapter 4


Lymlock
Chapter 4
       My plan was a complete success for most of it. We got in the castle, defeated the sorcerers, and were heading to the throne room when Renjin had to go and get hit with that stupid knife from nowhere.
He messed up what was, until that point, a perfect and perfectly executed plan. I was brilliant enough to figure out how to get the wizards out of the castle and their magyk depleted enough to easily sweep in underneath and get control. I even had a potion master, that same annoying Renjin, make a potion to put the king and queen under our control, because held spells just take too much energy, and I needed to focus on ruling.
Luckily for her, the girl we pulled out was telling the truth, and we found the throne room with ease. Nobody dared oppose us. I had rallied over a hundred sorcerers with my promise that we would control the kingdom. I never mentioned that I would be the one in charge, though. My plan was perfect.
When we got to just outside the throne room, I turned to Renjin yet again.
“Where is it?”
Knowing what I was talking about, he pulled out a bottle. I snatched it and turned to the doors.
“Um…” he said hesitantly.
That didn’t sound good. “What?” I snapped, spinning back around. We didn’t have time for this. I had planned it so that everything would run perfectly on schedule, but CERTAIN PEOPLE kept messing it up. This is why I preferred working alone if at all possible.
“The potion…doesn’t do exactly what it’s supposed to do. There were…complications with certain ingredients.”
“You mean the girl escaped!” someone shouted from the back of the crowd, and others voiced agreement.
“Well, it’ll still help. It’ll just put the king and queen to sleep instead of under our control,” he tried to save himself.
“I give you one thing to do, and you mess up the simplest part of it? You should be killed instead.” I knew from experience that that would be all it would take to bring down at least a dozen spells on him.
And sure enough, he was dead in an instant. The potion might actually work, though. I was smart enough to figure out how to use every little thing to my advantage. And it would be more fun ruling directly.
We burst into the throne room. There were a couple more wizards guarding the king and queen, but they were easy to slay on our way to the thrones. Demivid and Reyna, the king and queen, were just sitting there looking shocked. Obviously, they hadn’t been expecting something like this to happen. Laughing, I pointed at them and said “Tixrod,” the spell for “drink,” and gave them the bottle.
Instantly, they drank from the bottle and fell into a deep sleep. I laughed again, this time in victory and exultation from my brilliant plan being executed.
I now had control of the kingdom.
Sometimes I amaze even myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment