Friday, December 28, 2012

Chapter 23



Chapter 23
“What?” the traitor asked, shocked. He stared at Akeelay, watching her bleeding arm.
“Heal her,” I repeated. “I know you’ve got enough magyk by now, and I’m not doing it. You’re considering trying to knock me unconscious or something. Use your magyk to heal her. If you don’t…”
I paused. He looked into my eyes and saw the threat written there. It wasn’t really even a threat. She would die if he didn’t help her, and he knew that.
“Don’t do it, Kaolin,” Akeelay said. “I’m not worth it. Just escape.”
I laughed. “Do you still have the truth spell on you?”
She scowled. “Yes. What does that have to do with anything? Just don’t do it, Kaolin.”
I didn’t have to say anything to try to convince him to ignore her. He glared at me, then turned to her.
I could tell Kaolin wanted to curse me somehow, but he only had enough for one spell.
Fejqan,” he said, and Akeelay’s wound disappeared, the blood vanishing as well.
Kaolin looked dizzy, like he was going to faint from lack of magyk, and I realized it did take more magyk for him to cast spells around caerthin.
It was still surprising whenever he could actually do it, but he was almost out of magyk again.
I called in the sorcerer that had brought them and sent them back to their cell. This would work out so much better than I had expected. A day earlier, I hadn’t even thought that the sorcerers would succeed in catching them. And now, I was in control, and they were in trouble. Running the kingdom could take a break, it would be fine. I was enjoying myself too much there.

No comments:

Post a Comment