Monday, December 31, 2012

Chapter 28


Lymlock
      Chapter 28
      Why had I done that? I wondered the second the trapdoor closed after the three of them. It had seemed logical at the time, but…why?
       It didn’t matter. They were gone, and I had done what had made the most sense.
       I stayed there that day, and that evening I realized that they had tricked me somehow. It was probably that wizard girl. She had a gift of persuasion, I recognized suddenly.
       Curse her! I had to find them again. But how? Knowing them, they would probably be halfway across the kingdom. Magykans’ gifts had caused me enough trouble already.
       But I knew where they were going, and I knew where they would end up. They would have to come back to the castle eventually if they still wanted to save the king and queen, so there would be no trouble capturing two wizards, one human, and one centaur with all of the sorcerers back at the castle.
       What was I worried about? Like Maybelle had said herself, they weren’t a big threat.
       I scowled, realizing her persuasion gift could still be affecting me. Next time I got the chance, I was just going to kill them, no questions asked. It would save a lot of trouble.
       And, knowing them, there would be a next time. And they were going to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment