Friday, December 28, 2012

Chapter 24


Akeelay
Chapter 24
That had seriously hurt, but I wished Kaolin had taken the option of knocking Lymlock out or something. I would have lived, I kept telling myself.
But the truth was, I wouldnt have. The wound was fatal.
What was Lymlock's problem? Im sure there were easier ways to get Kaolin to use his magyk. It was probably just that he wanted to see me hurt and Kaolin torn.
I didnt like him at all. Lymlock, that is.
When we got back to the room, Maybelle was standing near the door.
As soon as we entered, pushed in by the sorcerer who had taken us out, she spoke.
“Take me to Lymlock,” she said to the sorcerer. Kaolin and I looked at her like she was insane, which she would have to be to want to see Lymlock.
“Why?” the sorcerer asked, sounding confused. He didnt refuse though, which was strange. I had expected him to simply laugh and slam the door.
“Just take me to him,” she said in reply.
“Fine,” he said. Kaolin and I exchanged a glance in shock.
She walked over and held up her hands. The sorcerer put the handcuffs on her and led her out of the room.
As the door clanged shut after them, Kaolin and I stared at it blankly.
“What was that?” I asked, baffled.
“I dont know,” he responded, just as puzzled as I was. “Does she normally want to see evil sorcerers?”
“Not that Ive seen,” I said. “Maybe she has an idea.”
“Well, thats weird.”
“Yep,” I agreed. “So, thanks for, you know, healing me. Although I really do wish you had done something to Lymlock. He deserved it.”
He laughed. “Yeah, thats probably true. But what could I have done? You were going to die if I didnt do something. Dont even try to deny it.”
I couldnt have anyway. Truth spell, remember?
“Well, whatever shes doing, I hope she comes back soon,” I said, changing the subject.
“Me too. But in the meantime…”
He scooted closer to me. And we kissed.


No comments:

Post a Comment