Monday, December 24, 2012

Chapter 21


Lymlock
Chapter 21
I laughed. Akeelay was glaring at me, but I laughed. Of course she was. It made perfect sense. The traitor sorcerer and the girl working against me.
I watched as Akeelay avoided Kaolin’s searching gaze. This was so worth the travel time.
“How sweet,” I managed as my laughter subsided. “Do you feel the same way about her, traitor?” I addressed Kaolin. He knew as well as I did that I didn’t need a truth spell to get him to tell me what he really thought. He knew, better than the other two, I wouldn’t hesitate to kill his friends. He had seen what I could do firsthand.
“Yes.” He growled out the answer, angry at me but looking at Akeelay, who avoided his gaze. I laughed again. I could feel the hostility aimed at me, but the three of them were powerless to do anything.
This was the highlight of my year. I finally had them, and this was proving so much more entertaining than I would have ever expected.
Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment